The City of Lives
Concept: Bored Recluse
- Character Concept: Bored Recluse
- Dilemma: Learning New Experiences vs. Familial Expectations
- First Adventure: Defying Parents’ Expectations
- Free-Form: Childhood Friend – Phaedra
- Free-Form: (Flameshaping)
- +4 Great
- +3 Good
- +2 Fair
- +1 Average
- Sleight of Hand
- Virtuoso (Specialization: +2 to Creativity when dancing) (free)
- Mechanical Genius (Specialization: +2 to Artificing when dealing with …)
- Chaos Shaper (Specialization: Flameshaping)
Devices & Relics
- Health: 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Composure: 1 2 3 4 5
- Refresh Level: 8
Total Skill Ranks: 25
- This is a Flamecrafter’s standard fire attack Crafting. It sends a blazingly hot beam of flame toward a single target.
- Type: Simple, Flameshaping, Chaos, Shaping, attack
- Power: Formula: 3 Variable (unless formula), usually 4 to 8 shifts
- Limitations: none (1 FP commitment)
- Control: Roll Creativity (+3), plus limitations and focus items, to control and as attack roll.
- Target: One target in line-of-sight, inflicting physical stress.
- Duration: One action
- Opposed by: Target’s Athletics skill, magical blocks, or some other skill as determined in play
- Effects: Dam +1, Acc +2
- Variations: A Crafter could divide the shifts of effect among two or more targets, rolling to hit each separately. They could divide up the shifts to add Acc or Dam bonuses to the strike.
- Folding fire into a shield, everything that approaches burns to nothingness before it strikes the Crafter.
- Type: Simple, Flameshaping, Chaos, Shaping, defensive block
- Power: 4 shifts
- Limitations: none (1 FP commitment, 1 stress)
- Control: Roll Creativity (+3) plus appropriate limitations and focus items
- Duration: One round
- Effect: A fiery hemisphere appears in front of the Crafter, partially disintegrating attacks. The Crafter may decide whether they wishes to use the block as a standard 4-shift block (formula), or as Armor Dam -2, or as Armor Acc -2, or what have you.
- Variations: The Crafter may attempt more shifts of power to extend the duration.
- Notes: The Crafter may occasionally figure out a clever way to use the shield as an attack, by forcing a creature to dive through the effect—see page 260 for guidelines on how to attack with a defensive spell.
- Type: Flameshaping
- Opposed by:
She tries to still have something to do with her family.
Her family’s not hands-on – more ‘raised by nurse-maid.’